Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Giving the Universe Vertigo

Ok, I’m in a little better humor today, I think the bottle of wine last night was just what the doctor ordered.

I’m an ok kinda girl, maybe slightly odd, a little interesting, no doubt I can be fun, I can cook, give a fantastic back rub, am self supporting,  I’m an awesome friend,  I’m fairly intelligent… what other qualities do I need to work on???

I am sincerely turning it all over to the universe.  I’m going to try to keep putting out the good… and maybe it will come back to me.

So I get these messages on the dating site from “Marriedbutneedssomeone”.

The first message I don’t even reply to.  I mean, seriously, come on dude.

But he is persistent.

I finally write back:
“I have absolutely no interest in being The Other Woman.”

He promptly replies:
“I am looking for the long-term woman, forever.  Wife is the other woman.”

This guy obviously lives in the same alternate universe that my ex resides in.

He kept directing me to a movie “Same Time Next Year” saying that’s what he’s looking for.

Should I direct him to watch “Vertigo”?  That’s what I want…

Anyway… I didn’t continue the conversation.

I’m lonely, yes.
I want someone, yes.

But, no matter what kind of spin he wants to put on it, I’m still not going to be “The Other Woman”.

So I must endeavor on…

This weekend’s plans are still in the early stages of development.

I know that I am going to catch a show with my fav cuz and his awesome girlfriend Friday night, maybe get out and take some photos with Crawdad on Sunday… the weather is supposed to be warm; hopefully I’ll get out Saturday too.

I really must do laundry some time… or I’ll have to buy some new underpants.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

Here is my page ... safco mail sorter

Anonymous said...

The F in POF should stand for "Fowl" because POF is for the birds.

The people there play games. You are better off meeting people the old fashioned way, by bumping into them in random places accidentally on purpose.

TrippyBeth said...

I've yet to bump into anyone and I'm ridiculously clumsy...
I think everyone on the dating sites (save for me) is always looking for the next best thing... All I want to do is delete my profile.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, yet every time I go to do it I -- FINAKLLY!!!-- get a message. It is like they're spying on me or something and know when I'm ready to give up. That must me the "hook." So then i get curious as to who this person with sudden interest in me is, so I get bamboozled. Dang it! It is like James Woods on Family Guy. Ooh! Piece of candy.

TrippyBeth said...

POF is the antichrist... If I believed in that haha.
I hide my profile for a while, then I get bored and bring t out of mothballs...
I wish I had a fairy godmother.

Anonymous said...

I've done that myself. My current profile is the third rendition, so much for third time being a charm, so far it is more like three strikes you're out. striking out more than the Reds on the road.